Directory of European Glaciology: IcelandThe research institutions listed alphabetically here are derived from the glaciology literature, the IGS publication "Ice", and from Oddur Sigurđsson. The Icelandic name is given in square brackets.
See also the SPRI Library Catalogue.
- Iceland Glaciological Society [Jöklarannsóknafélag Íslands]
- The Icelandic
Meteorological Institute [Veđurstofa Íslands]
- Avalanche research
- The National
Energy Authority, Iceland [Orkustofnun (OS)]
- Hydrological Service, National Energy Authority, Iceland [Vatnamćlingar, Orkustofnun (VM,OS)]
- Nordic Volcanological Institute (NORDVULK)
- University of Iceland
- Science Institute [Raunvísindastofnun] - Departments of Physics, Chemistry, Geosciences, Geophysics, Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, and Mathematics.
- WDCGC webpages on the Vatnajökull Eruption, 1996, with links to other websites.
IGS Correspondent - Iceland
Department of Geophysics, Science Institute, University of Iceland
Hofsvallagata 53, IS-107 Reykjavík, Iceland